Tuesday, 27 April 2010

Transfering the code to Xubuntu production server

I needed  a server to deploy the code for testing. As I have old PC I installed the light linux Xubuntu.
During the development I installed some additional packages to Apache. Mostly it's easy to spot if you check the log files for errors, but for plugin sfImageTransformPlugin I use the mime type detector and in order to use it, the mime type package has to be installed. The result was blank page when manipulating images, which happened when initializing the sfImage class. To enable the detecting mime type I configured app.yml
      auto_detect: true
      library: MIME_Type